Thursday, May 3, 2018

6 Weeks Home!

Time for another update! It’s been 8 weeks as a family, 6 weeks home and 2 weeks in the cast. Ugh, that stupid cast!! 

Things are...ok. I have not taken many pictures since the last update because I am holding or wearing Suzie at almost all times. Since her fracture she has been even more attached to me and wants me to hold her all the time. Even while I am holding her she will cry and keep asking me to hold her! This has been my exercise and my front and back are bruised and sore from the cast digging into me. Thankfully she fits in the carrier and it has a little pad that she sits on relieving some of the pressure.
We’ve had several more appointments and had her cast adjusted to line up her bones a little better. This added a pretty pink stripe to the cast. 


We have been visiting daycare for weeks and it was going really well. I go back to work in 3 weeks so we need to get her comfortable without me. I left her twice this week for 10 and 15 minutes and she cried the whole time. We will keep going for short periods but I can only ask so much of our daycare provider! Brian is our back up plan so our attention has turned to forcing her to be with him. Yesterday Brian had me take the big kids to a movie while he watched her. She cried almost the whole 3 hours. She only stopped while on a walk (until it rained) and when Brian started to put the carrier on, she stopped just enough to tell him “No.” However as soon as I got home she was fine- didn’t need any recovery time and was eating and happy. She doesn’t know it yet but she will have time alone with Daddy everyday and hopefully will learn to love it!


first night away from Suzie 


worn out from cast adjustment





No comments:

Post a Comment