Wednesday, May 9, 2018

DAYCARE?!!?

Major update here: I am typing this in the car while Suzie is at daycare!!! 🙌PTL!!

This week I started dropping her off rather than just visiting and we are on day 3! We started with 15 minutes, then 30 and today it’s 45! Our daycare is THE BEST. It’s a husband & wife team (I just LOVE that!) and they are so patient, caring and organized. It’s so calm just walking into their home. Suzie knows their names and when I tell her we are going there, she calms down and seems to want to go. She still cries when I leave of course, but they are quick to distract and entertain her. She even texts me to know that it’s going fine! 💕

Also, this weekend we turned a corner. I’m not exactly sure what changed but Suzie started to be happy and show her fun, silly personality again. It also happens that I had a big change in my own mind set last week and made a mental decision to put on a happy face and be over the top fun each day with her no matter how I really felt. 


Whatever it was, Suzie is happier, eating better and is even moving around a bit despite her cast- crawling, scooting on her bottom and even rolling around. It’s pretty funny to watch her clunk around with the cast! I’m so tempted to help her more but this girl thrives on independence and is loving having some mobility again. It’s obvious that she’s feeling better and it’s helping our outlook too! 

Thanks again for being our cheerleaders!






not wanting mommy to leave



at Addie's volleyball game

really not wanting mommy to leave


No comments:

Post a Comment