Friday, December 29, 2017

We have a nursery!

Preparing to welcome our daughter home has been tough. I want to be completely ready for her, but there are SO many unknowns! 

What we do know is that she is 4.5 years old and TINY. Her measurements might not be completely accurate, but if they are, she is only 25lbs and has feet the size of a 12 month old. I say they may not be accurate as her measurements have all been the same since she was 3 yrs old. Sure, she may not have grown at all, but I hope she has, so I'm hesitant to gather a bunch of stuff that may not even fit her. 

Also, she's currently in a wheelchair. We have no idea if this will be long-term or not. For travel purposes, we'll start with a jogging stroller and wait until she's home to determine if one is needed. Same goes for pretty much everything else I want to get. We'll wait until she's here & see what fits her. That wait is driving me crazy!!

We were, however, able to set up a "nursery." Thanks to some friends who graciously gave us a toddler bed & dresser, we have a spot set up in our room for her to sleep until she's comfortable enough to move into a room with Addie. Just having this area set up puts my heart at ease and I feel slightly ready to bring our little girl home!





No comments:

Post a Comment