Wednesday, November 28, 2018

School Has Finally Started!

School has finally started! 

Suzie is going to Kindergarten half day as of Monday. I was able stay at the school for the first 2 days and she did well. Our school has been wonderful and gave her a one-to-one aide even without an IEP (individualized education plan) which is amazing and is really the only reason that she is able to go. It is very clear that her attention span and ability to follow instruction is not at all at the kindergarten level. Her aide keeps her on task and helps keep her attention. She also gets her in and out of her wheelchair, changes her diaper and keeps her safe. She is sweet, patient and has a loving demeanor- an absolute answer to prayer! Suzie really likes her and gave her a big hug today when she saw her.

Today was her first day at school without me...the real test! And she did great!! She cried when I left and I stayed outside her classroom hoping that she would calm down before I left. Sadly, she didn’t stop and I finally had to go to work. It broke my heart to hear her calling out for me- not knowing whether I would come back or not. But, apparently she stopped crying after about 20 minutes and did great the rest of the day! yay!! I’m so proud of our brave little girl!!








Waiting for the doors to open for school


Thumbs Up after her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment