Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snow Pete

We had a wonderful Christmas. Grandma & Papa Ruprecht came to visit & spoiled the kiddos with lots of attention. We had fun-there are lots of pics in our Photo Gallery!

My favorite story of the season was one night when we went to go look at Christmas lights...which Addie loves. She, of course, is all about the "Christmas toys," or the characters & figures rather than the pretty lights. We saw a Snoopy character in one yard, kinda like this one:

so Addie kept asking to see another "Snow Pete." As kids do, she asked over & over & was getting a bit annoying, but I thought I spotted another Snoopy up ahead, so I announced that another Snoopy was coming. As we approached, I realized that it was a reindeer, similar to this:

It was dark & since she didn't really know who Snoopy was, I thought I could pull one past her.
"Is that Snow Pete?" Addie asked.
"Uh yeah, Snoopy...that's Snoopy," I replied.
Again she asks, "that's Snow Pete?"
"Yes"
"Snow Pete?"
"YES!"
"No that's not...that's a MOOSE!"

no fooling this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment