Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Anticipating Addie

On April 27th, 2006 we found out we were expecting...it was a surprise! I randomly took a pregnancy test & was shocked to see it turn positive! We weren't trying, but also weren't preventing...just leaving it up to God. We were really overwhelmed, but excited for the new adventure as there was no turning back now! The due date was January 15th, 2007

September 21st we found out we were having a girl! We were thrilled as we both already had a feeling that"it" was really a she. Brian had always talked about having a Daddy's girl and now she was coming.

Towards the end of the 2nd trimester I could feel the head near my ribs. Everyone kept saying how she'd flip eventually. Well she got bigger & bigger & never flipped! I continued working full time until I had her, so this probably brought on the complications I had in the last month. I went to the hospital 3 times to stop contractions. Finally at 37 weeks, we tried to flip her around with an external cephalic version: the dr basically put mineral oil on my belly and pushed really hard to turn her, but she wouldn't budge! So we scheduled a c-section in order to get her out safely. Our new date was January 4th, 2007 :)

The night before were had an overload of emotions...definitely excitement, but also fear and lots of nerves! I couldn't wait to see her and hold her!

No comments:

Post a Comment